We are all really excited to have blogs around school. Keeping the blog a safe and secure place to work is very important. Through the use of the blog the children of Peters Hill have the opportunity to develop their understanding of online safety and how to behave when on the web.
We have a few simple guidelines that we need to keep to in order to make the most of our class blog.
- Children are to only use their first name when commenting.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. You can post comments as “Joshua’s Mum” or “Megan’s Grandfather”. Please do not post a child’s name next to their photograph.
- All posts will be checked by Mrs Lloyd or Miss Willetts before they are published to the blog.
- All comments are moderated by Mrs Lloyd or Miss Willetts before they appear on the blog.
- Always be respectful for other people’s work – be positive if you are going to comment.
- No text talk – please write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
- Everyone who posts is asked to stick to these guidelines.
If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please contact school and have a chat with Mrs Lloyd or Miss Willetts .